fbpx

Follow us on social media!

Notifications
Clear all

Blogging as a writer?

words.worth
(@words-worth)
Writer’s Assistant

This is just a wild thought that came to my mind. Is it a good idea to blog as a writer? If so, what type of information should you share with the readers? Of course, you cannot divulge too much about your writing or projects. Is this something that can bring you more sales and maybe, make you popular in future?

Topic starter Posted : 12/01/2021 2:20 pm
Jeremy
(@jeremy)
Writer’s Assistant
Posted by: @words-worth

This is just a wild thought that came to my mind. Is it a good idea to blog as a writer? If so, what type of information should you share with the readers? Of course, you cannot divulge too much about your writing or projects. Is this something that can bring you more sales and maybe, make you popular in future?

Yes, sure. Any writer should blog. It is a way of getting your name out there. The internet should be flooded with you name everywhere. That way, your authority as a writer will be felt. writers should wire more guest posts and maintain their own blogs to keep them on top of things and to keep them writing all the time. 

Topics can vary from your personal journey as a writer, to day to day events in your life. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/01/2021 9:46 pm
Veronica
(@veronica)
Content Contributor

I run an author blog purely just for book progress updates, releases and author brand strategies.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/01/2021 7:13 am
Nancymac
(@nancymac)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

I have found extra income by being a blogger and providing content for different websites, so that can a very great side gig for extra money in your pocket.

Also working at micro jobs like on, Fiverr, Upwork, Guru, the bottom line you still need an income to provide for yourself.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/01/2021 5:31 pm
Junamo
(@junamo)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

It would be amazing if you're able to find the time to do it. It would help create an audience before you even release your book as well. Think of it as building your personal brand

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/01/2021 10:00 am
words.worth
(@words-worth)
Writer’s Assistant
Posted by: @jeremy
Posted by: @words-worth

Yes, sure. Any writer should blog. It is a way of getting your name out there. The internet should be flooded with you name everywhere. That way, your authority as a writer will be felt. writers should wire more guest posts and maintain their own blogs to keep them on top of things and to keep them writing all the time. 

Topics can vary from your personal journey as a writer, to day to day events in your life. 

Right. I will take out time to setup a blog and write a few posts in advance so that I can update it regularly. I am currently not sure if I will start with my personal journey but let's see. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/01/2021 11:47 am
words.worth
(@words-worth)
Writer’s Assistant

@veronica

That's great and encouraging. Good luck.

@Junamo

Right, that's what I intend to do. It will be nice if I am able to interact with the audience, get to know what they like and spread my name.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 22/01/2021 6:44 pm
Veronica liked
Share:
error: Alert: Content is protected !!