fbpx

Follow us on social media!

Notifications
Clear all

How do you improve traffic on a blog that seems to be doing worse?

Nickie85
(@nickie85)
Writer’s Assistant

One of my blogs that deals with pet care has not been doing so well this year with traffic. I was getting over 50,000 views a month and this year it has dropped to under 35,000 on average. I think this has to do with COVID and Google making changes but I am not sure how to improve this. Is there something I can do to get the views up and get better rankings on Google again?

Topic starter Posted : 26/12/2020 3:38 pm
Jeremy liked
Jeremy
(@jeremy)
Writer’s Assistant
Posted by: @nickie85

One of my blogs that deals with pet care has not been doing so well this year with traffic. I was getting over 50,000 views a month and this year it has dropped to under 35,000 on average. I think this has to do with COVID and Google making changes but I am not sure how to improve this. Is there something I can do to get the views up and get better rankings on Google again?

I would advice you don't make any drastic changes on your content. Google has been doing its normal dance. And the least move (December Core alogirith update), was the worst blow compared to the April's algorithm updates. But from the preliminary research, it seem Goolge is keen on quality content. 

If you belive the quality of the content on your site is ok, then don't touch it. It may end up causing more harm on your SEO than good. 

Nobody (even the SEO experts) seem to know what Google has done. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/12/2020 10:30 pm
Nickie85 liked
Nickie85
(@nickie85)
Writer’s Assistant
Posted by: @jeremy

I would advice you don't make any drastic changes on your content. Google has been doing its normal dance. And the least move (December Core alogirith update), was the worst blow compared to the April's algorithm updates. But from the preliminary research, it seem Goolge is keen on quality content. 

If you belive the quality of the content on your site is ok, then don't touch it. It may end up causing more harm on your SEO than good. 

That is interesting that SEO experts don't even know. My husband seems to think this has to do with speed since even poorly quality posts are outranking mine. I am going to try switching to a different ad service this weekend as well as updating some shorter posts. I don't want to change too much though because like you said, it can do more harm than good but at this point, I need to do something. My daily individual viewers dropped to under 1,000 which is not good.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/12/2020 1:35 pm
Jeremy liked
Jeremy
(@jeremy)
Writer’s Assistant

That is interesting that SEO experts don't even know. My husband seems to think this has to do with speed since even poorly quality posts are outranking mine. I am going to try switching to a different ad service this weekend as well as updating some shorter posts. I don't want to change too much though because like you said, it can do more harm than good but at this point, I need to do something. My daily individual viewers dropped to under 1,000 which is not good.

Don't panic. Whether the posts are short or long, it doesn't matter nowadays. Goolge will extract the sentences from your huge paragraphs that answers the exact questions the searcher is looking for. 

Page speed is still a factor, you must optimize all the technical SEO bits of your site. But don't be overly frustrated if you dong get a Google pageinsight speed score of 90%+. There are a host of other factors that may cause a huge fluctuation in pagespeed. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/12/2020 11:12 am
Nickie85 liked
Nickie85
(@nickie85)
Writer’s Assistant

Don't panic. Whether the posts are short or long, it doesn't matter nowadays. Goolge will extract the sentences from your huge paragraphs that answers the exact questions the searcher is looking for. 

Page speed is still a factor, you must optimize all the technical SEO bits of your site. But don't be overly frustrated if you dong get a Google pageinsight speed score of 90%+. There are a host of other factors that may cause a huge fluctuation in pagespeed. 

I am thinking it is down to speed more than anything. I have had short articles do very well in the past. Thanks for your insight! 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 31/12/2020 5:37 pm
Simon liked
I.write
(@i-write)
Writer’s Assistant

Apart from the suggestions mentioned earlier, you can also do guest blogging by writing a high quality article for one of the more famous blogs in your niche. It will get you a link to your blog as well as some traffic. Also, try link exchanges with other blogs. Social media posts can bring some traffic as well.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/01/2021 2:34 pm
Share:
error: Alert: Content is protected !!