fbpx

Follow us on social media!

Notifications
Clear all

My blog is still struggling, what is going on?

Nickie85
(@nickie85)
Writer’s Assistant

I believe I mentioned this here before that my traffic has tanked. It is even worse now and I can't figure out why. I feel like this is down to Google doing something. I have worked on the SEO, updated some posts, and started sharing my articles more, and yet it is worse than ever. This time last year I was getting or 3,000 views a day and now I am lucky to hit 900 views. It is depressing! Is there anything I can focus on to improve or fix this? Is anyone else experiencing this? 

Topic starter Posted : 09/02/2021 3:02 pm
Nancymac
(@nancymac)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

Can you share your blog here, that might be helpful for others to take a look at what is happening, besides we get to see more of you? Your Niche and

what you are all about.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/02/2021 5:54 pm
Nickie85
(@nickie85)
Writer’s Assistant

My niche is in pet care, I think I mentioned this before. The functionality of the site is fine. There is nothing on the site I can see causing this. I feel like it has to be down to Google but I can't seem to find anything that they have changed recently. I know there was an update back in  January which is when things started tanking. I check my search rankings and they appear to be up as of a few days ago but my views are not reflecting that. Maybe it is the plugin I use not working right?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12/02/2021 6:32 pm
Nancymac
(@nancymac)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

So thank you for sharing and reminding us of your niche, sometimes my mind is not in focus at the moment, maybe too much on my plate? at times.

Sometimes is it is the word search of popular words, also are you blogging with others and maybe adding content, might be a help?

Just thoughts.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/02/2021 7:22 pm
Nickie85
(@nickie85)
Writer’s Assistant
Posted by: @nancymac

So thank you for sharing and reminding us of your niche, sometimes my mind is not in focus at the moment, maybe too much on my plate? at times.

Sometimes is it is the word search of popular words, also are you blogging with others and maybe adding content, might be a help?

Just thoughts.

I am looking through the details on the backend of my blog and it would appear that I am ranking fine in some keywords but others, they are just terrible. I am going to focus on updating some older posts. I did a few last night and I am already seeing some growth. Maybe I just need to do updates to posts more often. Google seems to like that. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 15/02/2021 7:19 pm
Nancymac
(@nancymac)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

Awesome to hear that it is working out for you, cheers.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/02/2021 7:24 pm
Nickie85 liked
Junamo
(@junamo)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

Google can secretly update it's algorithm's without notifying anybody, and it more often than not does.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/02/2021 6:04 am
Nickie85
(@nickie85)
Writer’s Assistant
Posted by: @junamo

Google can secretly update it's algorithm's without notifying anybody, and it more often than not does.

Yeah I think they do this way too often and it hurts a lot of sites. I wish it wasn't the only search engine that has as much traffic as it does. Bing and Yahoo just don't compete with it and to a much lesser extent, DuckDuckGo and other privacy-oriented search engines don't even come close. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 22/02/2021 2:01 pm
Veronica
(@veronica)
Content Contributor

There's a lot that can compete against traffic to blog sites. 

Right now, the hot topic is on vaccines for the virus, so this topic is pretty much saturating the search engines in certain areas.  On Twitter the trend is Tiago? getdaytrends.com and trends24.in 

These kinds of hot topic trends can saturate and steal away traffic from other sides for the day.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/02/2021 6:26 am
Nickie85 liked
Junamo
(@junamo)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant
Posted by: @nickie85
Posted by: @junamo

Yeah I think they do this way too often and it hurts a lot of sites. I wish it wasn't the only search engine that has as much traffic as it does. Bing and Yahoo just don't compete with it and to a much lesser extent, DuckDuckGo and other privacy-oriented search engines don't even come close. 

Sad, but true. Google has a massive monopoly on the web

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/02/2021 3:46 pm
Nickie85 liked
Nickie85
(@nickie85)
Writer’s Assistant
Posted by: @veronica

There's a lot that can compete against traffic to blog sites. 

Right now, the hot topic is on vaccines for the virus, so this topic is pretty much saturating the search engines in certain areas.  On Twitter the trend is Tiago? getdaytrends.com and trends24.in 

These kinds of hot topic trends can saturate and steal away traffic from other sides for the day.

I am sure this is the case but this is not a topic I talk about so I am not worried about that. As for Twitter, I don't use that platform anymore. I have my blog auto-post articles every day on its own so I don't have to deal with it. Because my blog deals with pet care, it is very hit and miss. I think I just have to focus more on keywords and really maximize what I have. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 24/02/2021 1:45 pm
Veronica liked
Share:
error: Alert: Content is protected !!