fbpx

Follow us on social media!

Notifications
Clear all

Gardening Books

Nickie85
(@nickie85)
Writer’s Assistant

I don't know if this topic is okay or not here because it is not really related to writing progress or has much to do with storytelling but I have been wanting to buy some good gardening books to learn how to grow fruit and veg for myself. Given how reliant I have become on a system that can fail at any moment, I want to be able to provide food for myself as well as my family so I want to learn to garden as well as raise hens. Are there any good beginner books for this?

Topic starter Posted : 21/01/2021 4:59 pm
Nancymac
(@nancymac)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

I believe that gardening is not only good for the soul, but for the food budget and also for the environment. Having a garden can take place anywhere, and did you know from many veggies you can regrow them. It gives back to the earth and also there is nothing like fresh veggies. I plant what I call a veggie bowl with different lettuces in and just cut what I need for a fresh salad.I used a planter box on my balcony when I lived in an apt and had lots of food. Best it was good to watch them grow.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/01/2021 3:18 pm
Nickie85 liked
Nickie85
(@nickie85)
Writer’s Assistant
Posted by: @nancymac

I believe that gardening is not only good for the soul, but for the food budget and also for the environment. Having a garden can take place anywhere, and did you know from many veggies you can regrow them. It gives back to the earth and also there is nothing like fresh veggies. I plant what I call a veggie bowl with different lettuces in and just cut what I need for a fresh salad.I used a planter box on my balcony when I lived in an apt and had lots of food. Best it was good to watch them grow.

Do you know of any good books for someone starting out? I know I could just Google search information but I would like to have a physical book handy so I can take it outside with me while I am learning. Also, I think following one approach is better than following bits and pieces from several different approaches. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 24/01/2021 4:18 pm
Junamo
(@junamo)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

My dad used to read "The Vegetable Gardener's Bible" I haven't read it myself but he went from an almost beginner at Gardening to having a pretty cool garden

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/01/2021 6:25 am
Nickie85 liked
Nickie85
(@nickie85)
Writer’s Assistant

@junamo I am going to look into that one, thanks.

I have a few picked out on Amazon I am going to order tomorrow but this one sounds good from what I have seen of the cover. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 18/02/2021 3:10 pm
Share:
error: Alert: Content is protected !!