fbpx

Follow us on social media!

Good children's boo...

Notifications
Clear all

Good children's books to pull inspiration from?

Nickie85
(@nickie85)
Writer’s Assistant

I want to do a bit more research into children's books by actually buying some and looking through them. What are some really good ones you recommend me to get in order to get a better understanding of them and how they function as a genre? I only want to buy top-rated or best sellers. 

Topic starter Posted : 05/01/2021 6:26 pm
Nancymac
(@nancymac)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

I like Robert Munsch, as his books are classic! They feature simple stories and events a child can relate to and memorize and enjoy reading.

I also look at classic fairy tales, which to gives you a story that has a message for both the reader and parent time to engage in the book.

There was one written about a child, the name of the book is Don't touch my hair! It was about allowing people to not touch or say words that would hurt,

for self-esteem and to set boundaries.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/01/2021 2:10 pm
Nickie85 liked
Jeremy
(@jeremy)
Writer’s Assistant
Posted by: @nickie85

I want to do a bit more research into children's books by actually buying some and looking through them. What are some really good ones you recommend me to get in order to get a better understanding of them and how they function as a genre? I only want to buy top-rated or best sellers. 

I would recommend these three: 

• Wehre The Wild Things Are - By Maurice Sendak
  • Goodnight Mooon - By Margaret Wise
  • The Snowy Day - By Ezra Jack

These three authors have some charm that only my 6 year old daughter understands. She can read these book for hours on end without getting boared. And by the way Maurice Sendak has some other many bestsellers, i suggest you look at them. They may inspire you. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2021 1:26 pm
Nickie85 liked
Nickie85
(@nickie85)
Writer’s Assistant

I completely forgot about the Goodnight Moon book! I loved that one when I was a child. I think a lot of people look to Dr. Seuss books and as much as I do like those, I want to pull from other books. Thanks for your suggestions! 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 13/01/2021 7:13 pm
Junamo
(@junamo)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

Aesop's fables are some of my all-time favorite kids books

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/01/2021 1:50 pm
Share:
error: Alert: Content is protected !!