fbpx

Follow us on social media!

Notifications
Clear all

Christmas Plans and thoughts of feelings as we approach this season.

Nancymac
(@nancymac)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

Christmas, in particular, can be a joyful event and season and the anticipation like no other in the world. For others, there is a great sadness for many reasons.

It can be the death of their beloved, like my husband Nathan was my rock, my world, my soulmate, and my love and best cheerleader. It can be many different

reasons for the loss of a job, moving on with life with the death of a marriage, health and sickness, and recovery. Healing in this time is very difficult as it is another day like others but you see the hustle and bustle, the good times that are in the movies and everywhere buy for that perfect Christmas.

Many people are estranged and fight and do not get along, but we put everyone in a room, thinking it will be different for just a little while, it does not work.

What about the presents that won't appear under any trees, that for many there is not a home, period.

They have no one and alone and yet each day is a battle, just to live and survive.

On top of this year we have been so many months of COVID, many people had suffered this virus, some have survived, others have not.

Let us just pause for a moment, and reflect and be kinder and more patient to others.

Topic starter Posted : 15/12/2020 11:41 am
Veronica liked
Junamo
(@junamo)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

Great timing on this! Was just feeling a bit let down that I would be spending christmas completely alone. Quite sad 🙁

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/12/2020 12:44 pm
Nancymac
(@nancymac)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

Hey with Covid, with being alone and the day not changes things, it just intensifies stuff, that is not going to ever happen, for me.

The loss of My husband changed everything in life, a lady friend said a new beginning, that is easier said than done.

So be kind to yourself, it will come and go. 

Many hugs to you.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 24/12/2020 4:42 pm
Silvana
(@cantiara)
Editor-in-Chief

Merry Christmas, @nancymac and @junamo! Let's hope for a kinder 2020.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/12/2020 3:13 am
Nancymac
(@nancymac)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

Thank you for your kind comments, I also think 2020 has taught us some good lessons, one to appreciate our home, our family, and our friends.

It has taught me how connected we are by our devices and what it might be so sad if we could not connect to one another.How the computer, phone, and other devices, have become part of our world, it is more our life.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/12/2020 11:51 am
Simon
(@simon)
Writer’s Assistant

The year 2020 will go down the history book as one of the saddest years on earth in the 21st century. The year when all the world economies were on a stand still, helpless and unable to do anything to stop the virus. 

But all the same, the year seems to be ending on a good note, with the hope of a vaccine that seem to work. That means, the year 2021 will at least start on a good note. 

As much as the situation will never be "normal" again, we will just have to learn to be happy and live with the virus. The way we have lived with HIV/flu/common cold all these years. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/12/2020 3:00 pm
Share:
error: Alert: Content is protected !!