fbpx

Follow us on social media!

Notifications
Clear all

Do you think music is seasonal?

Nickie85
(@nickie85)
Writer’s Assistant

I am not talking about holiday songs like Christmas ones but regular mainstream music. It seems like the kind of music that comes out in the summer has a different feel to it from other times of the year. This can be all in my head though and a result of just being happier in the summer months. I am not sure. Does anyone else feel this way? 

Topic starter Posted : 28/03/2021 7:10 pm
Nancymac
(@nancymac)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

No, I do not think so, music for me is the heartbeat of life, depending on how I am feeling is what music I play, it brings my thoughts and emotions to life. It motivates me, calms me, reminds of the love of life I feel, it reminds me of the losses and the great joys.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/03/2021 1:18 pm
Nickie85 liked
Nickie85
(@nickie85)
Writer’s Assistant
Posted by: @nancymac

No, I do not think so, music for me is the heartbeat of life, depending on how I am feeling is what music I play, it brings my thoughts and emotions to life. It motivates me, calms me, reminds of the love of life I feel, it reminds me of the losses and the great joys.

I get that. It is likey what I said then that generally, people are happier in the summer so the music they hear reminds them of fun times with friends and stuff. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 30/03/2021 9:11 pm
Junamo
(@junamo)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

I don't think it is quite seasonal but it can definitely rise and fall with fads, but the fads are quite random

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/04/2021 3:21 pm
Jeremy
(@jeremy)
Writer’s Assistant

I would say some genres are seasonal but music as a whole is not seasonal. Plus, some genre are associative. Such that, you would associate them to weather patterns like summer or winter songs. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/04/2021 8:34 pm
Simon
(@simon)
Writer’s Assistant

Not at all. Yes, we have some seasonal songs that are sung mostly during the festive seasons and such kind of events. But that doesn't mean that music is seasonal. You can listen to Christmas carols at any time of the year and still enjoy it. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/05/2021 9:58 pm
Nancymac
(@nancymac)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

I think music is the heartbeat of life, and often in movies and stories it evolves around the person playing music, or a song comes on the radio or she hears something to bring her back to a time and place or their song.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2021 5:28 pm
Junamo
(@junamo)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

@nancymac Very nice take, songs definitely do have a tendency to bring me back to a specific time that I associate with it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/05/2021 1:41 pm
Share:
error: Alert: Content is protected !!