fbpx

Follow us on social media!

Notifications
Clear all

How do you celebrate Christmas Eve? The next day?

Nancymac
(@nancymac)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

Do you have any traditions that you have carried on since you were a child?

One of my favourite memories is going to Christmas Eve service early with the children and watch and enjoy the community spirit, hearing the voices raised in harmony, and then a cup of hot chocolate in the basement with cookies and snacks. Most often we walked to church, it was a magical moment. Laer when I had children of my own, it was part of life.

Topic starter Posted : 17/12/2020 1:27 pm
Junamo
(@junamo)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

No Major traditions other than the usual, and food from my mom!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/12/2020 2:29 pm
Nickie85
(@nickie85)
Writer’s Assistant

We had a lot of traditions growing up but over the years, fewer family members got together. Once my grandparents passed away, the holiday just became a day for my siblings, parents, and our partners to get together. I guess this tends to be how things go though. We have Christmas dinner together the day of, we always do pasta. Then on Christmas Eve, we have ham, pizza, treats and play games. We open gifts that night. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/12/2020 3:31 pm
Jeremy
(@jeremy)
Writer’s Assistant
Posted by: @nancymac

Do you have any traditions that you have carried on since you were a child?

One of my favourite memories is going to Christmas Eve service early with the children and watch and enjoy the community spirit, hearing the voices raised in harmony, and then a cup of hot chocolate in the basement with cookies and snacks. Most often we walked to church, it was a magical moment. Laer when I had children of my own, it was part of life.

Yes, sure, over the years we have been meeting at one home, the entire neighborhood would meet at one house and hove some fun and hearty interraction. But the pandemic has just disorganized everything. We could not even do the fireworks sessions that was our tradition every Christmas and New Year's eve.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/12/2020 10:19 pm
Nancymac
(@nancymac)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

I agree I had one of my daughters pull a temper tantrum like a toddler, she is bipolar and autistic and can't seem to function well somedays.

She feels she can make a living doing tarot cards and other bull crap stuff, she feels the world owes her a living. When I found out My husband,

loaned her some money, Like $500 from our joint account, I was so furious! Beyond words. Then on social media stated self-harm, I just about lost it.

I did I walked out and stayed with a lady friend of mine for a couple of days.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/12/2020 10:45 pm
Share:
error: Alert: Content is protected !!