fbpx

Follow us on social media!

Notifications
Clear all

Dealing With Writer's Block

Veronica
(@veronica)
Content Contributor

I'm facing a writer's block at the moment. I have been for a couple of months now. I know why. I've been overworked doing 12hr work shifts on adrenaline. I have some free time to focus on my stories now. The problem, since I've been blocking for so long, I'm anxious to write new content. But now that I have time to write, I'm blank.

I'm stuck for words because my brain is exhausted, and I'm lacking the motivation to continue to my stories.  Kind of frustrating spot to be in right now. 

But, the positive is that I know all I need is a break; time to chill and refresh the energies to think creatively again.

Some strategies I've been testing to help me ease back into the mojo. I've been requoting and sharing extracts of my works on Instagram. Proofreading like I'm a reader, which is easy to do since I haven't touched some works for months. 

I've also decided to start sharing my works at my Ko-fi Shop.  So all my subsequent book volumes for my series,  I'm proofing current content and reformatting as e-book episodes for release to my shop. Once the book is completed there, I'll reshare them to places like Tapas and Tapread if I see the need.

I've come to realize that user content sharing places like Webnovel, Wattpad, Inkitt and so forth don't work for my stories. So, I have to think outside the box a bit and see what other markets I can tap into.

These sorts of activities help me get back into the swing of things. I'm blocked, but trying to move forward.

Topic starter Posted : 25/02/2021 9:17 am
Nickie85 liked
Topic Tags
Nickie85
(@nickie85)
Writer’s Assistant

I am having a similar issue. I have all these ideas but I have no idea what to do with them and just blank when I sit down to write. I keep wanting to give up but this is what I want to do so I know I have to keep at it. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/03/2021 2:43 pm
Veronica liked
Jeremy
(@jeremy)
Writer’s Assistant
Posted by: @veronica

I'm facing a writer's block at the moment. I have been for a couple of months now. I know why. I've been overworked doing 12hr work shifts on adrenaline. I have some free time to focus on my stories now. The problem, since I've been blocking for so long, I'm anxious to write new content. But now that I have time to write, I'm blank.

I'm stuck for words because my brain is exhausted, and I'm lacking the motivation to continue to my stories.  Kind of frustrating spot to be in right now. 

But, the positive is that I know all I need is a break; time to chill and refresh the energies to think creatively again.

Some strategies I've been testing to help me ease back into the mojo. I've been requoting and sharing extracts of my works on Instagram. Proofreading like I'm a reader, which is easy to do since I haven't touched some works for months. 

I've also decided to start sharing my works at my Ko-fi Shop.  So all my subsequent book volumes for my series,  I'm proofing current content and reformatting as e-book episodes for release to my shop. Once the book is completed there, I'll reshare them to places like Tapas and Tapread if I see the need.

I've come to realize that user content sharing places like Webnovel, Wattpad, Inkitt and so forth don't work for my stories. So, I have to think outside the box a bit and see what other markets I can tap into.

These sorts of activities help me get back into the swing of things. I'm blocked, but trying to move forward.

I understand that feeling. All you need to do is to clear your inbox. Dont take too much than you can chew. Then take regular breaks. Find something fun to do during this breaks. It will declutter your mind and you will be swammed with ideas again. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/03/2021 2:50 pm
Veronica liked
Simon
(@simon)
Writer’s Assistant

That is normal. It happens when you push so much. Consider taking it slow. You don't need to finish a book or a chapter in one sitting. Give yourself a break, walk around, indulge in your hobbies, that way, you will be creative in your next story. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/03/2021 2:53 pm
Veronica liked
Junamo
(@junamo)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

Been there, and sort of still am. I'm not sure if I' m actually facing writer's block or giving up on my current project.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/03/2021 4:32 pm
Veronica liked
Share:
error: Alert: Content is protected !!