fbpx

Follow us on social media!

Notifications
Clear all

Do you prefer to type or write by hand?

Nickie85
(@nickie85)
Writer’s Assistant

I know it makes more sense to type these days since it is easy to save everything and keep things organized but I know a few writers who prefer to write by hand and then type things out after. It seems like a lot of extra work but they swear by it helping with idea flow and correcting mistakes. What do you prefer and why? 

Topic starter Posted : 07/02/2021 7:01 pm
Nancymac
(@nancymac)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

I like to use the computer as if it is by hand then you have to transcribe it again on to a device, also for editing and preparing the papers,

makes it so much easier. 

Also to make copies to send to publishing companies, for your blog and website, as well it just a one click and go.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/02/2021 2:53 pm
Nickie85 liked
Junamo
(@junamo)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

Definitely typing. I spent most of my time typing that my handwriting right now is atrocious.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/02/2021 6:11 am
Nickie85 liked
Jeremy
(@jeremy)
Writer’s Assistant

Once in a while, i prefer being off the grid. When i do, i prefer using pen and paper. That way, you dont get distracted by some silly notifications. Although i hate the double work, of transferring it to soft copy later on. But it helps, because its is like editing on the go. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/03/2021 1:57 pm
Junamo
(@junamo)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant
Posted by: @jeremy

Once in a while, i prefer being off the grid. When i do, i prefer using pen and paper. That way, you dont get distracted by some silly notifications. Although i hate the double work, of transferring it to soft copy later on. But it helps, because its is like editing on the go. 

Agreed! Nice to get things out in pen and paper sometimes, but it always has to come back to digital.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/03/2021 5:31 pm
Harry
(@harry)
Writing Enthusiast

My preferred way is typing. It's faster and neater. If I'm on a roll and I'm writing super fast, my already horrible handwriting gets even worse. I'm almost always typing. But I always have a notebook with me for jotting ideas, sketching, or killing time. Notebook also comes handy when you are not on your computer and something springs up up there.

Though some people feel like they're more involved and more into what they are writing. They feel better connect while writing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/03/2021 9:37 am
Nancymac
(@nancymac)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

I agree I also use my tablet now for writing down thoughts as I see it in short notes so that I can refer to my thoughts later and expand on them.

It does not matter how you do your writing, it is what is comfortable for you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2021 12:39 pm
Share:
error: Alert: Content is protected !!