fbpx

Follow us on social media!

Notifications
Clear all

Do you write in a specific spot or move around?

Nickie85
(@nickie85)
Writer’s Assistant

I know some people who will write in their home, outside of their home on a deck or porch, sometimes they even go to a Starbucks or other social place to write. One of my friends who does both creative drawings and writing loves to go sit in a park to work. I usually just sit in my office. Occasionally I will work from my laptop at the dining table. I am wondering if I can branch out more and get more ideas if I try writing in different places. 

Topic starter Posted : 15/02/2021 7:26 pm
Junamo
(@junamo)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

I use a desktop for the majority of my writing, so tend to write in a specific spot. Although sometimes when inspiration hits I'll hammer in a few words while I'm at work, or take notes while I'm walking around

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/02/2021 6:03 am
Nickie85 liked
Nickie85
(@nickie85)
Writer’s Assistant
Posted by: @junamo

I use a desktop for the majority of my writing, so tend to write in a specific spot. Although sometimes when inspiration hits I'll hammer in a few words while I'm at work, or take notes while I'm walking around

Someone I know who writes always tells me to keep a notebook handy when I am out so if inspiration or an idea ever strikes, I can take notes. I tried doing this with my phone and it just ends up being too much of a hassle so I did end up buying a small notebook which I keep in my purse/bag. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 22/02/2021 1:59 pm
Junamo
(@junamo)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant
Posted by: @nickie85
Posted by: @junamo

Someone I know who writes always tells me to keep a notebook handy when I am out so if inspiration or an idea ever strikes, I can take notes. I tried doing this with my phone and it just ends up being too much of a hassle so I did end up buying a small notebook which I keep in my purse/bag. 

I want to carry out a notebook as well, I feel like its better to be closer to what I write and not always be surrounded by Technology.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/02/2021 4:03 pm
Nickie85 liked
Jeremy
(@jeremy)
Writer’s Assistant

I mostly do my writing in the study room in my house. But when i need to be creative and connect with nature to get more creative ideas, i prefer taking my laptop to the woods in my farm. We have a small natural forest, that is always quiet, serene and inspires me to come up will killer ideas. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/02/2021 9:00 pm
Nickie85 liked
Nancymac
(@nancymac)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

It is good to have a change in your environment as that helps stimulate different feelings, I like to take my mini-tablet when I go to the park as it down by a small stream that leads to the river. I have found this winter very long and cold and long for the warm spring days, I find myself getting deep thoughts of how to make it through. Just thoughts I then use short-form words and then put my feelings into words.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/02/2021 2:00 pm
Nickie85 liked
Nickie85
(@nickie85)
Writer’s Assistant
Posted by: @nancymac

It is good to have a change in your environment as that helps stimulate different feelings, I like to take my mini-tablet when I go to the park as it down by a small stream that leads to the river. I have found this winter very long and cold and long for the warm spring days, I find myself getting deep thoughts of how to make it through. Just thoughts I then use short-form words and then put my feelings into words.

That is kind of what I was thinking. I know I always see people writing and such at the local coffee shops when I go. I feel like I would be distracted and end up watching people but at the same time, you can learn new and different interactions from people watching that can add detail to characters so maybe the distraction is worth it.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/02/2021 10:51 pm
Nancymac
(@nancymac)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

It is also the ability to lock out distractions if you are in a busy environment in a coffee shop, but sometimes depending on the person you need the distraction from quiet, everyone is different. I also like to people watch, you might pick up a new character by watching others, just a thought.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/02/2021 12:45 am
Nickie85 liked
Simon
(@simon)
Writer’s Assistant

Well, i usually have some designated areas that i prefer writing from. But i would also move around depending on how the days looks and my mood at that moment. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/03/2021 3:38 pm
Junamo
(@junamo)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

Having a designated area must be nice, but would not want to be stuck in the same area for the entirety of my book

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/03/2021 10:57 pm
Share:
error: Alert: Content is protected !!