fbpx

Follow us on social media!

Notifications
Clear all

What is a good keyboard for typing out a book?

Nickie85
(@nickie85)
Writer’s Assistant

I have a standard RGB gaming style computer because I like pretty lights lol

It is quite loud and while I do enjoy using it, I would prefer something that is a bit easier on my wrists and fingers for long typing sessions. What are some keyboards you would recommend for writers? Or which do you use yourself?

Topic starter Posted : 08/01/2021 3:51 pm
Jeremy
(@jeremy)
Writer’s Assistant
Posted by: @nickie85

I have a standard RGB gaming style computer because I like pretty lights lol

It is quite loud and while I do enjoy using it, I would prefer something that is a bit easier on my wrists and fingers for long typing sessions. What are some keyboards you would recommend for writers? Or which do you use yourself?

All you need is an Ergonomic keybord. I have used Microsoft Sculpt sometime back, and currently am using Logtitech Ergo K860. I guess Logitect makes the best ergonomic devices. The K860 is a beast! You can type for hours on ends without feeling a thing. Plus, it fits the fingers so well, that you will enjoy typing. My speed increased by over 20 WPM just by switching to K860. Try it out and thank me later Oops  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2021 12:54 pm
Simon
(@simon)
Writer’s Assistant

@jeremy i agree with you, i have used Logitech K860 and it was a good one. Currently am using Martias Ergo pro. Its is a little more rugged compared to K860, and a few bucks more expensive. But the experience is more or less the same. I have used it for 6 months now, and i can't complain. I switched to ergonomic keyboards completely two years ago. They are just value for money. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2021 4:51 pm
Nickie85 liked
Nickie85
(@nickie85)
Writer’s Assistant

The Ergo K860 does look really nice! I see it gets a lot of great reviews on Amazon as well. I didn't know keyboards like this were even a thing but it looks like it would be very comfortable to use and would reduce a lot of strain. I might buy one next week. I will keep looking around but this one is at the top of my list!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 13/01/2021 7:11 pm
Simon liked
Nancymac
(@nancymac)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

It is most important that not only your keyboard to be inline with your body but your desk and your chair so that you do not strain your body in any way

with constant use of using the computer. I also suggest you might need different glasses for computer work, I needed a special prescription for computer work with a filter with blue blockers.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/01/2021 1:34 am
Simon and Nickie85 liked
Junamo
(@junamo)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

I love Mechanical Keyboards, Blue switches are great for typing, but definitely for everyone. If you find it too difficult to type you may opt for a membrane keyboard (or a chiclet type like the Macbooks)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/01/2021 10:04 am
Simon liked
Simon
(@simon)
Writer’s Assistant
Posted by: @nickie85

The Ergo K860 does look really nice! I see it gets a lot of great reviews on Amazon as well. I didn't know keyboards like this were even a thing but it looks like it would be very comfortable to use and would reduce a lot of strain. I might buy one next week. I will keep looking around but this one is at the top of my list!

Sure, Ergo K860 is like the mother of all keyboards. You just must experience it if you are an experienced writer. It really parks the punch.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/01/2021 12:21 pm
Share:
error: Alert: Content is protected !!