fbpx

Follow us on social media!

Notifications
Clear all

こんにちは

Rittsu
(@rittsu)
Writing Enthusiast

Greetings. The name is Rittsu, a professional typographer from an undisclosed landmass that is in the exact location you are thinking about right now. Unlike most others here that are writers, I am not such one—though I have written a nonfiction book.

While I don't deal in the realm of writing, I do deal in the realm of setting type—both print and digital—and have typeset books for authors such as Jougo Chihaya, Shinohara Hayato, and Junkomi Eno. I'm relatively introverted but enjoy light novels, manga, and anime.

I think that's about all have to say, now I retreat back into the shadows to work.

Topic starter Posted : 30/12/2020 2:26 am
Silvana
(@cantiara)
Editor-in-Chief

Welcome, @rittsu! I'll see if we can create a typography section under the self-publishing section, as I believe they go hand in hand, and some typography know-how and suggestions would be of value to those who plan to self-publish their work Wink  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/12/2020 12:23 am
Simon liked
Rittsu
(@rittsu)
Writing Enthusiast

@cantiara

Indeed. Authors that wish to self-publish can benefit from having their books look professional without the need to kill their wallet. It won't make the writing better in terms of what is written but good typography can help engage a reader more in the book.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 31/12/2020 12:36 am
Simon
(@simon)
Writer’s Assistant
Posted by: @rittsu

Greetings. The name is Rittsu, a professional typographer from an undisclosed landmass that is in the exact location you are thinking about right now. Unlike most others here that are writers, I am not such one—though I have written a nonfiction book.

While I don't deal in the realm of writing, I do deal in the realm of setting type—both print and digital—and have typeset books for authors such as Jougo Chihaya, Shinohara Hayato, and Junkomi Eno. I'm relatively introverted but enjoy light novels, manga, and anime.

I think that's about all have to say, now I retreat back into the shadows to work.

Welcome to the community @rittsu. I like your intro up there. You will be a great asset to the community. I would be happy to learn some typesetting skills from you. Outsourcing that bit just dents my wallet, i would love to do a few myself. See you around.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/12/2020 10:18 am
Rittsu
(@rittsu)
Writing Enthusiast

@simon

Thank you.

That is quite understandable as most professional typesetting services cost around the upper $400 or more. Of course there's always Fiverr which is... *cough* a coin toss, shall we say. In truth, typesetting your own book isn't has hard as many would think, it does however require time and and a decent understanding of the fundamental basics.

Over the years I have gained quite a bit of knowledge that I happily share for free. Aside from my own advice, I can link to a free web-book that is run by a professional typographer. I can also reccomend typefaces, both professional and free, and answer any questions on typography be it print, digital or e-books.

Of course, if you ever wish to hire me that too is also an option. Unlike other services my rates are far cheaper without the loss of professional quality.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 31/12/2020 11:34 am
Simon liked
Jeremy
(@jeremy)
Writer’s Assistant

Welcome to the community. But wait, what does the title say? Looks cool anyway, would wish to write such 😀 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/03/2021 9:47 am
Junamo
(@junamo)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

Welcome to the community! Glad to have you

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/03/2021 8:37 pm
Harry
(@harry)
Writing Enthusiast

こんにちは there @rittsu!

Glad you joined here. Look forward to hear more n more from you! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/03/2021 6:23 pm
Nancymac
(@nancymac)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

Hello and welcome from a great place to share ideas and also ask for help in any areas, we are a great website. Share with your friends that we are here.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2021 12:41 pm
Share:
error: Alert: Content is protected !!