Follow us on social media!

Notifications
Clear all

Hello

Verve
(@verve)
Writing Enthusiast

Good day!

So.. I’ve trying to write for a while now, but for some reason, I can’t finish a story. All the stories was already finished in my head but not in writing. It’s sucks!

Any advice?

TIA,

Verve 

Topic starter Posted : 26/01/2021 5:35 am
Jeremy liked
Nancymac
(@nancymac)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

So how about take on a different way by recording them, a transcriptionist can put them into text very easy. I often use an app called text to speech,

as I have a hard time typing. I also found by setting dedicated time aside for writing and completing projects, most helpful. It is the time of date that suits you and no other person, I have a fellow writer who does ghostwriting and works best when she is alone and quiet in the house and works after midnight, till like 2 am and then sleeps as she must be up for her family.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/01/2021 11:37 pm
Elly
 Elly
(@elly)
Writing Enthusiast

At that point, I would actually recommend getting a ghostwriter. If you don't want to pay for a ghostwriter, then perhaps somebody else with a similar problem (and similar genre, or similar estimated length of the work) can swap their finished outlines with you, and you can write each other's stories. But be clear beforehand who is to retain or grant ownership of which part.

Or you can outline it, not write the whole thing out, but just outline it...and then keep it somewhere safe until it's been a long enough time that you forgot what the story was about. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/01/2021 2:03 pm
Junamo
(@junamo)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

Welcome to the forum!

It is fine to take breaks if you're not motivated to finish your book, or if the ideas aren't flowing. Take some time off and come back to it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/01/2021 6:23 am
Simon
(@simon)
Writer’s Assistant
Posted by: @verve

Good day!

So.. I’ve trying to write for a while now, but for some reason, I can’t finish a story. All the stories was already finished in my head but not in writing. It’s sucks!

Any advice?

TIA,

Verve 

Hello, 

Welcome to the community. I suggest you find an accountability partner here. Then set practical goals for yourselves. That way, you will have someone who will be checking on your progress. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/01/2021 11:22 am
Verve
(@verve)
Writing Enthusiast

Wow! I appreciate all of your suggestions guys. I’ll consider one of them, but I also want to try writing again. Maybe I am just overthinking, specially the grammar. 

Thank you again and have a good evening 😊

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/01/2021 1:19 pm
Veronica
(@veronica)
Content Contributor

Welcome Verve.  I suffer the same thing.  What I do is list out the points of the story on google doc.  Just empty my brain of the idea on a document without thought of format and such. Then I leave it. When I'm ready to start up something new, I'll revisit my braindump and start to apply some structure to it to form an outline.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2021 12:43 am
Veronica
(@veronica)
Content Contributor

To add, I have a document I call my Slushpit with all my ideas listed.  It's becoming something like an idea's generator now. 🤣 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2021 12:45 am
Nancymac
(@nancymac)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

That is a very interesting way of keeping your thoughts together and then you can reach back to them, to find the emotions you felt while writing.

Do you find emotions affect your writing skills? Also what you write about?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/02/2021 12:38 pm
Jeremy
(@jeremy)
Writer’s Assistant
Posted by: @verve

Good day!

Any advice?

TIA,

Verve 

I suggest you try chunking your writings. Make smaller targets. Like 300 - 500 words per day. Something achievable depending on your availability and commitment to your writing goals. We burn out when we try to have the whole story written down in one sitting. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/02/2021 8:43 pm
Nancymac
(@nancymac)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

Our emotions affect everything in our life and our choices of what we do and what we do not, sometimes we are so afraid to take a step or change.

It takes believing in yourself of what your hopes and dreams might be, not only to yourself. Your journey and your words, may be the inspiration for someone else, do no be afraid to try.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/04/2021 2:37 pm
Share:
error: Alert: Content is protected !!