Follow us on social media!

Notifications
Clear all

Hello and Good Morning

Nancymac
(@nancymac)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

The art of writing and the power of words that are our expressions to the world and feelings and dreams and fears.

Something that I have found today that writing letters are very lost art and that most teens and young adults today have no idea about?

Many years ago it was the communication that brought people together around the world, how families and new friends learned about each other.

How the postman would arrive and you waited in anticipation for the letter to come, like counting the days and just could not wait to open it.

Not like the emails of today, this took time and effort, some letters were pages of sharing about life, exchange of recipes of loved traditions, photos

of a new family member, or someone becoming engaged, or recent death.

In many circles, it was like their own newspaper of happenings in the community, newspaper clippings and any other interests that could be shared.

Just my thoughts this morning.

Topic starter Posted : 07/12/2020 2:41 pm
Veronica
(@veronica)
Content Contributor

Hello. Yes, the timelessness of letter writing isn't common practice in this digital age. I agree that some things expressed in letters don't seem to hold the same sentiments in other forms.

I handwrote a letter to myself while I was pretending to be a long lover. I needed to experience the feeling of receiving a physical form of communication for a WW2 BL story I published on Webnovel. I think it worked okay. 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/12/2020 8:32 am
Simon
(@simon)
Writer’s Assistant
Posted by: @nancymac

The art of writing and the power of words that are our expressions to the world and feelings and dreams and fears.

Something that I have found today that writing letters are very lost art and that most teens and young adults today have no idea about?

Many years ago it was the communication that brought people together around the world, how families and new friends learned about each other.

How the postman would arrive and you waited in anticipation for the letter to come, like counting the days and just could not wait to open it.

Not like the emails of today, this took time and effort, some letters were pages of sharing about life, exchange of recipes of loved traditions, photos

of a new family member, or someone becoming engaged, or recent death.

In many circles, it was like their own newspaper of happenings in the community, newspaper clippings and any other interests that could be shared.

Just my thoughts this morning.

Hello. Those are quite some thought you got there. Welcome aboard. I would love to read more of your writings. You publish anywhere? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/01/2021 2:15 pm
Share:
error: Alert: Content is protected !!