fbpx

Follow us on social media!

Notifications
Clear all

Can writing a fictional political story get you in trouble?

I.write
(@i-write)
Writer’s Assistant

If you are writing about a fictional political story that somewhat resembles the story of a politician, is this something to worry about? I have a great story in mind but I am not sure if I should work on it further.

Topic starter Posted : 01/02/2021 5:38 pm
Nancymac
(@nancymac)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

No, you can not get in trouble, but you need to put a disclaimer in so there is not a possible lawsuit of any kind. If the story is changed enough not to 

incriminate anyone or time and place, that someone might recognize, then it would be permissible.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/02/2021 2:15 pm
Veronica
(@veronica)
Content Contributor

Generally no.  It depends on the message you're intending to deliver with your story. If the fictional political story was told through a romance of people coming together then it might be okay.

However, it pays to be aware of a few things when writing such sentiments such as jurisdiction, censorship and content laws and so forth. Especially if publishing into story genres like historical fiction.  For example, China has strict Censorship Laws that impact fiction releases. It has seen to a number of Webnovel translated stories being removed from their catalog.

Then there's also site terms of service that are clear on the kind of content that is acceptable to post. 

My advice is to read up on some of the content and censorship laws in the country/region you're intending to publish in. And then also the site's or business terms of service as well. 

Good luck.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/02/2021 11:59 pm
Share:
error: Alert: Content is protected !!