fbpx

Follow us on social media!

Notifications
Clear all

Opening paragraph ideas?

Jeremy
(@jeremy)
Writer’s Assistant

At the beginning of a plot, what should the opening paragraph look like? I felt it should have terms to hook you and make you thirst for more. At least that is what i have gathered from my many years of blogging. 

But am blank. Share any catchy opening lines you may recommend or tips that would make my paragraph catchy.

Topic starter Posted : 14/12/2020 10:21 am
Junamo
(@junamo)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

This would vary from story to story. If you're finding it difficult to write the opening, go ahead and write the second or third or even middle chapters of your book. Sometimes going back to front helps as well!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/12/2020 4:55 pm
Nickie85
(@nickie85)
Writer’s Assistant

It depends on the genre. I usually like to start with something simple when introducing a story, information, or anything of the sort. You can start with something like "It was a cold summer's night" to signify a time/feeling or you can also start with a question. It depends on where you want to go from that point and what you are leading into. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/12/2020 5:40 pm
I.write
(@i-write)
Writer’s Assistant

If the story would be based on a particular character, you can start with some interesting facts about him/her and say something like...... "but he wasn't always like this" and start the story.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/01/2021 4:54 pm
Junamo
(@junamo)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

Info dumps can be a bit hard to get away from, I know I face that alot. So i tend to just go with it and come back and re-write it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/02/2021 3:41 pm
Share:
error: Alert: Content is protected !!