fbpx

Follow us on social media!

Notifications
Clear all

Which is easier - Writing with the experience of the past or the openness of the future?

Nickie85
(@nickie85)
Writer’s Assistant

What I mean by my question is in terms of a time period. Do you think it is easier to write a story that takes place in a past time, like say the 1920's or would you believe it to be easier to write a story that takes place in the future where it is completely open to any creative ideas you may have?

Topic starter Posted : 19/03/2021 8:16 pm
Nancymac
(@nancymac)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

With writing from the past you have time dates that were important, so you are able to concentrate on the effects of what it might be like in that era, some people

love stories about the past. The future is unknown, just like this pandemic and how people compare it to the one in 1918. I like stories that project what life

may be like in the future. So both genres are open to writing about, my favorite is a time traveler.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/03/2021 12:07 pm
Nickie85 liked
Nickie85
(@nickie85)
Writer’s Assistant
Posted by: @nancymac

With writing from the past you have time dates that were important, so you are able to concentrate on the effects of what it might be like in that era, some people

love stories about the past. The future is unknown, just like this pandemic and how people compare it to the one in 1918. I like stories that project what life

may be like in the future. So both genres are open to writing about, my favorite is a time traveler.

Which would you say is easier in terms of being the author, not just the reader? I actually have a strange love for dystopian future novels like 1984. It is amazing to see what connection there are today in the real world considering it was written years before its time. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 20/03/2021 4:35 pm
Junamo
(@junamo)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

I always prefer to write in current time, for me writing the past is a bit harder, and writing the future a bit easier

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/04/2021 4:02 pm
Share:
error: Alert: Content is protected !!