fbpx

Follow us on social media!

Notifications
Clear all

Creating a detailed fictitious map

Simon
(@simon)
Writer’s Assistant

I want to try my hand on a fantasy story. That has a twist an setting like that of Game of Thrones. My fantasy world will be called Yunkastopia (still debating for a better name). I would wish to create a detailed setting with different worlds/kingdoms. 

Was just wondering which software or App can i use to create the Map complete with the geographical features. 

This topic was modified 10 months ago by Simon
Topic starter Posted : 19/12/2020 2:50 pm
words.worth
(@words-worth)
Writer’s Assistant

I am not aware of any map making program/software but I use Photoshop for all my drawing/graphics requirements. I think Photoshop can be used for this purpose as well.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/12/2020 5:41 pm
Nancymac
(@nancymac)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

I like to research and typed in a google search and this is what I have found that seems appropriate and easy for your task, needed.

https://inkarnate.com/

https://www.dickwizardry.com/articles/5-amazing-free-fantasy-map-builders

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/12/2020 2:20 pm
Junamo
(@junamo)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

I have used Inkarnate in the past and it was an overall wonderful experience!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/12/2020 7:27 pm
Nancymac
(@nancymac)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

Great to have a testimonial to share that it on the features that worked well? Is it user friendly? Are the features easy to use? What type of device did you download it on?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/12/2020 8:00 pm
Junamo
(@junamo)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

@nancymac Youc an use Inkarnate completely in your browser. You can randomly generate landmasses and then alter it, or create it completely from scratch!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/12/2020 12:32 pm
Nancymac
(@nancymac)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

Thanks so much for sharing, I look forward to experiencing the platform and having some fun, Nancy.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/12/2020 12:36 pm
Share:
error: Alert: Content is protected !!