fbpx

Follow us on social media!

Notifications
Clear all

Should I attempt satire?

words.worth
(@words-worth)
Writer’s Assistant

I have thought about a topic for my short story. It will be a comedy about our daily lives and how we come across various people. However, I am confused if I should attempt satire or first try to write a couple of clean humour stories? I don't want the readers to get offended.

Topic starter Posted : 06/01/2021 5:08 pm
Jeremy
(@jeremy)
Writer’s Assistant
Posted by: @words-worth

I have thought about a topic for my short story. It will be a comedy about our daily lives and how we come across various people. However, I am confused if I should attempt satire or first try to write a couple of clean humour stories? I don't want the readers to get offended.

Well, i would suggest you try on one piece. But don't publish yet, until you get independent opinion from over 50+ readers, not just average readers but ardernt readers. Nowadays, it is becoming even harder to make make people laugh, let alone sounding satirical. Therefore, you need to really do some research before hitting the road running. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2021 12:57 pm
words.worth
(@words-worth)
Writer’s Assistant

That's a nice suggestion, thanks. Yes, I agree that it is hard to make people laugh. I will try to get some reviews first and see how it goes. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/01/2021 5:02 pm
Share:
error: Alert: Content is protected !!