fbpx

Follow us on social media!

Notifications
Clear all

Hardcover vs Softcover (paperback)

Nickie85
(@nickie85)
Writer’s Assistant

I noticed that a lot of people who read on a regular basis prefer hardcover books but not all authors offer this style. I see a lot of paperback books these days. I guess these are easier to take with you because they tend to be lighter and more compact. Still, hardcover books seem to be sought after by a lot of readers. Which do you think is more important to provide as an author? Is this something the publication actually decides? 

Topic starter Posted : 24/03/2021 6:57 pm
Nancymac
(@nancymac)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

I find books with soft covers weigh less and are much easier to carry around, but another thought is more people are going digital in reading these days.

Our library has been closed much of the time during COVID, I find very rarely I will buy a new book, too much money wasted with only probably reading it once.

I have joined a book club just for that reason to share books and reduce the cost.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/03/2021 5:50 pm
Nickie85 liked
Nickie85
(@nickie85)
Writer’s Assistant

That is a fair point, a lot of people have gone digital. While I am not a big reader (enjoy writing more than reading, go figure!) I prefer hardcovers just because they look nicer on a shelf. I know that sounds trivial but it is the truth. Maybe that is the case for some other people. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/03/2021 11:12 pm
Junamo
(@junamo)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

I have started to prefer ebooks now, Although hardcovers are great, I just need to take my Kindle and read on the train

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/04/2021 3:35 pm
Share:
error: Alert: Content is protected !!