fbpx

Follow us on social media!

Notifications
Clear all

How long is the process?

Nickie85
(@nickie85)
Writer’s Assistant

From the point of having a completed story to having a physical copy of your book, how long does this process typically take?

I have heard from people online saying it can take up to 3 years! I think that is insane!! Like if your job is being a writer, that gap without pay can be a problem. I would imagine a lot of writers work as well because of this but I never thought it could take that long. I figured it was 6 months max. 

Topic starter Posted : 03/03/2021 2:50 pm
Nancymac
(@nancymac)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

So to answer your question you can publish a book on your own, but you have a manuscript that you must submit to publishers and face a lot of rejection before you get the approval you are needing. Also think about our digital age many people do not buy a hard copy book, at least I don't. Just because you wrote a book does not mean someone will pay to buy it. So often writers have a second or often a third stream of income until their skills become successful.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/03/2021 6:00 pm
Nickie85 liked
Nickie85
(@nickie85)
Writer’s Assistant
Posted by: @nancymac

So to answer your question you can publish a book on your own, but you have a manuscript that you must submit to publishers and face a lot of rejection before you get the approval you are needing. Also think about our digital age many people do not buy a hard copy book, at least I don't. Just because you wrote a book does not mean someone will pay to buy it. So often writers have a second or often a third stream of income until their skills become successful.

I understand what you are saying, I am just curious about the general process. I am nowhere near it. I just like to know more about the industry so I can be better prepared when I reach that point. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 04/03/2021 8:47 pm
Junamo
(@junamo)
Popularity!
Writer’s Assistant

If you just mean completed story on your end, the process can vary. You would want editors, proofreaders and other professionals to go through your books, trim down the fat, make it more cohesive etc. A process of fine-tuning can take as long as you would like it to take. The other thing would be dealing with publishers.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/03/2021 8:39 pm
Share:
error: Alert: Content is protected !!